birding-aus

Duck Billed Questions

To: "Laurie Knight" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Duck Billed Questions
From: "Greg and Val Clancy" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 22:25:42 +1100
Young Beach Stone-curlews and Pied Oystercatchers leave the nest quickly, probably on the day of hatching, but usually seek shelter within a few metes of the nest scrape and remain within tens of metres of the nest site until they fledge. They are fed by the adults.

Young Spoonbills are fed at the nest by the adults. I do not know whether they continue to feed them after they fledge.

Regards

Greg
Dr Greg. P. Clancy
Ecologist and Birding-wildlife Guide