birding-aus

Pizzey & Knight Digital Edition review

To: Alastair Smith <>
Subject: Pizzey & Knight Digital Edition review
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:39:52 +1100
With all due respect, Alastair, I think your first line negates the rest of
your argument: you have not seen the app! How can you say whether or not
it's worth the price, half the price, or double the price of Morcombe?

I do agree though that a free version with only a handful of species would
allow people to play around with the app to see what it can do.

By the way, I have no proprietary interest in the app. A couple of my
photos are used in the locations section, and I was invited to be beta
tester, but I assume that I'll need to buy a copy if I want to access the
free upgrade path and enjoy future developments.

Personally, I'd be happy to fork out the price just for the sound
recordings. I love the Dave Stewart recordings on the Morcombe app - but to
paraphrase Rudyard Kipling, you can never have too many bird calls!

Russell Woodford