birding-aus

Northern NSW Specialties RFI

To: <>
Subject: Northern NSW Specialties RFI
From: "Max Breckenridge" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 09:44:29 +1100
Hey all,

Ashwin Rudder and myself will be travelling north from Sydney to the Byron Bay
area this time next week and would love some up to date information regarding
where best to see any of the following species. We will be staying at Willi
Willi (one night), Woody Head, Iluka (one night), Rummery Park Campground,
Whian Whian (2 nights) and Forest Tops in the Border Ranges (2 nights):
  a.. Beach Stone-Curlew – will check in at Soldier’s Point and Old Bar, but
any other sites would be great
  b.. King Quail
  c.. Bush-hen
  d.. Marbled Frogmouth – one of our main targets
  e.. Rose-crowned Fruit Dove
  f.. Superb Fruit Dove
  g.. Pale-headed Rosella
  h.. Albert’s Lyrebird
  i.. Forest Kingfisher
  j.. Collared Kingfisher – Tweed Heads area most likely?
  k.. Little Bronze Cuckoo
  l.. Mangrove Honeyeater
  m.. White-throated Honeyeater
  n.. Barred Cuckoo-Shrike
Any info on any of these species would be most appreciated. Feel free to
contact me off-list.

Regards,

Max Breckenridge
Gladesville NSW