birding-aus

RFI Dandenong, Bunyip, Toolangi

Subject: RFI Dandenong, Bunyip, Toolangi
From: Jonathan Newman <>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 08:06:49 +0000
Firstly, thanks to everyone who responded to my previous RFI.

I am a UK birder doing an independent trip around Adelaide/Melbourne and have a day planned for one of the forest sites NE of Melbourne in a few weeks time. My main targets are Superb Lyrebird, Pilotbird and Red-browed Treecreeper. Dolby and Thomas/McBride between them recommend several areas, but I know that the last two in particular can be tricky and local.

Given one full day, what do people suggest? Are there specific sites where Pilotbird is more likely? At the moment, I am torn between the three and want to maximise my chances of connecting.

Many thanks in advance!

Jonathan Newman, UK