birding-aus

RFI Geraldton birding

To: <>
Subject: RFI Geraldton birding
From: "John & Clare Kooistra" <>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:49:02 +0800
Hi all,

I am a travelling Queensland birder currently at Horrocks Beach, 70 km north
of Geraldton, WA. and staying till the early new year, before heading south.
I have had some good birding in the these parts but am looking for these
species in particular: Little Buttonquail, Western Corella, Black-eared
Cuckoo and Blue-breasted Fairy-wren. Any sites or tips on finding these in
the Geraldton area would be much appreciated.

Also, can anyone recommend any of the day tours to Houtman Abrolhos and if
this is a good time to see the breeding sea-birds?

Last request: is the Mid West birding group still in existence?

Cheers and thanks,

John Kooistra