birding-aus

RFI Singapore

Subject: RFI Singapore
From: Ian Smissen <>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 18:36:11 +1100
Another good location for birding in Singapore is Pulau Ubin (Ubin Island). A 'bumboat' ferry service runs to Pulau Ubin from Changi Point Ferry Terminal (abt 2-3 mins walk from Changi Bus Interchange). There are plenty of short and long walks and you can rent bikes from many places in the village next to the ferry terminal. Last time I was there the highlight was a pair of Oriental Pied Hornbills right in the village. Be aware though that you will need plenty of insect repellant (unlike most of Singapore).

Cheers,
Ian Smissen