birding-aus

Wildlife Rescue in Australia

To: <>
Subject: Wildlife Rescue in Australia
From: "Chris Lloyd" <>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 18:02:07 +1100
I just read the emails related to the Black-tailed Native Hen in South
Australia and I think Vanessa di Giglio's advice is probably the best for
the state though it does have animal rescue organisations. For those who
were unaware the Wildlife Information Rescue and Education Service (WIRES)
only operates in NSW and only parts of that state. Areas such as Newcastle
and the mid north coast, Nowra and the south coast and some parts of the
inland have other similar groups ( a full list of NSW groups can be found at
http://nwc.org.au/ ). To find groups in other states try websites like
http://www.fauna.org.au/faunasearch.htm

The wildlife seems blissfully unaware that it is actually the property of
the states so we have rail gauged our approach to their individual welfare
and outsourced their broader species care to those closest to them -
resource extraction organisations. Ciao