birding-aus

Nest robbing at Kurnell

To: "'Stephen Ransom'" <>, "'Birding-Aus aus'" <>
Subject: Nest robbing at Kurnell
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 22:57:30 +1100
I also thought today, apart from maybe no connection between the guys at the
car and the guys on the mudflats, the latter could have been people
surveying intertidal organisms, just as us mob survey birds, except they
mostly collect things. Such as uni students doing prac exercises. I suspect
that during my 3rd zoology sessions on marine biology so long ago, I and
other students could have looked as suspicious as Steve considered these
people to be (if you wanted to think that way).

Philip

-----Original Message-----From:
 On Behalf Of Stephen Ransom
Sent: Wednesday, 23 October 2013 9:23 AM        To: Birding-Aus aus

Hello all,
Thanks to everyone for your comments. I agree that collecting for fishing
bait in an area where they know it's not legal to do so is the most likely
answer. It's not a good thing obviously, but I feel better about that than I
did thinking they might be taking eggs.

Kind regards,
Steve.