birding-aus

RFI, Capertee Valley

Subject: RFI, Capertee Valley
From: Ian Reid <>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:08:59 +1030
Hi All,

I will be in Sydney for work in the first week of December. I expect to have one clear day when I could do some birding and an odd hour here or there. Two main questions:

1. Are the Powerful Owls being seen in the Botanic gardens again this spring? If so, is there a regular roost tree, or area?

2. Is it feasible to do the Capertee Valley as a day-trip from Sydney? I'd be coming from darling Harnbour in a hire car, and I don't mind a v early start. Main target is Regent Honeyeater. I note there have been quite a few reports in recent times. If anyone has more detailed info or a trip report they can point me to I'd be v grateful.

Cheers, Ian

--
Prof. Ian Reid
School of Computer Science