birding-aus

Birdline Tasmania Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Tasmania Weekly Update
Date: 21 Oct 2013 03:01:56 +1000

Birdline Tasmania

Published sightings for the week ending 20 Oct 2013.

Sat 19 Oct Latham's Snipe Waratah - behind Athenaeum Hall
Single bird took flight twice as I circled the larger expanse of water behind the hall.
Rodger Willows

Masked Owl Kingston
1 found freshly dead on the Huonville Road (near Summerleas Road junction) at 0630 this morning corpse now with TMAG
Keith Reid

Fri 18 Oct Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo Battery Point, Hobart
This morning a flock of 14 Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos flew from Sandy Bay to Battery Point at about 7:20am. We get small groups from time to time but I cannot remember seeing such a large flock in this area. Great to see and hear them.
Paul Tildesley

Tue 15 Oct Freckled Duck Queechy Lake, Launceston. -41.450447,147.172582.
1 Freckled Duck seen in lake. 4 Royal Spoonbills on island.
Tim Collins

Birdline Tasmania is hosted by Eremaea Birds.