birding-aus

Eremophila

To: John Penhallurick <>
Subject: Eremophila
From: Russ <>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 11:45:08 +1100
Hi John

The genus was first formally described in 1810 by the botanist Robert
Brown<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Brown_%28botanist%29>in
*Prodromus Florae Novae
Hollandiae<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prodromus_Florae_Novae_Hollandiae>
*.[4] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eremophila_%28plant%29#cite_note-apni-4>
*Eremophila* is derived from the
Greek<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_language>words
*eremos* (desert) and *phileo
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phileo>*(love), alluding to the species'
adaptation to arid environments.
[5] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eremophila_%28plant%29#cite_note-5>

(All from Wikipedia, so the links should take you to the sources)
Cheers

Russell