birding-aus

Bird listing software - does any do this?

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Bird listing software - does any do this?
From: Koren Mitchell <>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 16:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I've been using Birdbase for many years for my lists, but I've never been 100%
happy with it. I have what seems to be an idiosyncratic way of wanting to
organise my sightings, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any software that
will allow me to do this.

What I'd like is to be able to define a trip spanning multiple days, and then
assign species to one or more locations and days within that trip.

For example, I just got back from a week in Singapore. While there, I visited
several locations on different days. I would like to define a trip "Singapore"
spanning dates 30 Sep - 6 Oct. Within that, I would like to be able to say that
I saw species A at location P on 2 Oct, species B at location P on 2 Oct and at
location Q on 3 Oct, etc.

I realise that most software is set up to create lists for individual locations
and single days. I don't mind doing it this way if necessary, but I would then
like the ability to link those locations/days together into a trip and then be
able to look at all the sightings for that trip. Is there any software that
will allow me to do this by any means apart from just putting locations in the
notes, which is what I have been doing.

Cheers, Koren

Koren Mitchell
Toowoomba, Australia