birding-aus

Eaglehawk Neck pelagics - 21st & 22nd Sept 2013

To: "Jeremy O'Wheel" <>
Subject: Eaglehawk Neck pelagics - 21st & 22nd Sept 2013
From: jenny spry <>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:16:06 +1000
Hi all,

Marlene Lyall and I stayed on down at Eaglehawk for a day of birding on
Monday 16th. On Sunday afternoon the wind was from the north and by Monday
morning it had strengthened and was coming more from the north-east.
Looking from the Lufra at about 0700 low cloud and rain closed visibility
over the water as though a fog was sitting on the surface, in fact some of
it may have been fog.  The north-east wind lasted lasted all day and it
wasn't until early afternoon that the rain stopped.

During the pelagic on Saturday and Sunday many birds seemed to be moving
north to south, particularly the White-headed Petrel, and I would imagine
that the warm north-east wind on Monday 16th could have maintained that
movement.

cheers

Jenny
http://jenniferspryausbirding.blogspot.com.au/