birding-aus

Brush Bronzewing at Cooloola, Shining Flycatcher at Mooloolah

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Brush Bronzewing at Cooloola, Shining Flycatcher at Mooloolah
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:44:51 +1000
An interesting couple of days in the region included sightings of three
Brush Bronzewings near the Cooloola Way on the edge of the Noosa Plain,
along with two Ground Parrots and three King Quail on the plain, with
Lewin's Rail calling.

While kayaking on the Mooloolah River on the Sunshine Coast I found a pair
of Shining Flycatchers, my first for this river, confirming that the species
is well-established in all the Sunshine Coast's tidal watercourses. I also
found Fairy Gerygone in mangroves for the first time locally.

More here: http://tinyurl.com/ljkslqh

Greg Roberts