birding-aus

KI Bird Book

To: "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: KI Bird Book
From: "Cas Liber" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 06:44:31 +1000
Sounds great. I really hope you make some discussion of subspecies - for
instance, Kangaroo Island subspecies of Grey currawong (which is a lot
darker - like ssp arguta from Tassie and unlike other greys).

The combined artamidae vs cracticidae/artamidae is somewhat of a headache,
but only in the fact that trying to stick taxonomy onto a cladogram. I think
the former is slightly easier as there are taxa (such as the boatbills)
which slot into the group but it is unclear to which branch they are closer,
hence a broader family concept makes this easier to leave them there (not
that there are boatbills in KI but overall)

Cheers
Cas