birding-aus

Mystery Call from Royal NP, Sydney

To: Marc Anderson <>
Subject: Mystery Call from Royal NP, Sydney
From: Allan Richardson <>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 12:28:33 +1000
I agree Marc - if you have a grassy under-storey that would rule out L-b
Scrubwren and I think Tom would agree, I think were were thinking that it was
wet sclerophyll, which isn't usually grassy.

Grassy forest could suggest Scarlet Robin perhaps (that first section of the
call is a little like what they produce), but I'm guessing they're not usually
found in Royal NP???

It's amazing how many little small contact type calls birds make that are
outside our most usually heard suite - that final trill does sound like it
could come from a robin.

Allan