birding-aus

Coconut Lorikeet

To: "'Nikolas Haass'" <>, "'Tony Russell'" <>, "'Kevin and Lizzie'" <>, "'Frank O'Connor'" <>
Subject: Coconut Lorikeet
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 00:18:21 +1000
Both IOC and the recently released Birdlife Australia checklist list which
just follows IOC, list a number of ssp for mainland Australia( moluccanus).
This isn't based on recent research, they are just repeating all of the old
positions from as far back to Matthews without giving it any real thought.
They should have followed HANZAB, and this is yet another example of why the
BARC checklist should eventually cover subspecies to keep the others honest.

Cheers Jeff.