birding-aus

Brolgas over Altona (Vic)?

To: "Birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Brolgas over Altona (Vic)?
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 07:46:00 +1000
Yesterday afternoon I saw four Brolgas flying SW over Galvin St in Altona. I
imagine they were headed toward Cheetham Wetlands or WTP, but I've no idea
where they might have been coming from. I don't know of any suitable habitat to
the north east.

I often see Pelicans flying in that and the reverse direction, and I'm told
they're probably flying to and from the tip in Brooklyn. I doubt Brolgas would
be going there. Any ideas?

Peter Shute