birding-aus

Australian birder Stuart Stokes

To: "BirdingAus" <>
Subject: Australian birder Stuart Stokes
From: "Russ Lamb" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 20:42:48 +1000
I recently read "All Things Reconsidered", a collection articles written by
that great man Roger Tory Peterson for the Bird Watchers Digest.In an article
entitled "What are you really" published in March/April 1984, Petersen attempts
to define and differentiate the age-old labels of birder, birdwatcher,
twitcher, ornithologist etc., a topic not unfamilair on birding-aus.
       Whilst discussing world life lists he states "it is rumoured that Stuart
Stokes of Australia claims 6125" (remember, this was 1984, almost 30 years ago).
         I have not before heard or read anything about the said Stuart Stokes.
Does anyone have any knowledge or information about this birder and his birding?

Russ Lamb, Maleny