birding-aus

Fw: Swift Parrot-Regent Honeyeater surveys

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Fw: Swift Parrot-Regent Honeyeater surveys
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:23:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

See note below regarding the Swift Parrot / Regent Honeyeater survey weekend
this coming weekend.

As Dean points out, it has been a tale of no more than scattered reports of
not-so-large numbers of Swift Parrots and a general lack of Regent Honeyeaters
in 2013 thus far. We're particularly keen to have people in the New England /
NSW NW Slopes / Southern Qld regions out searching as these areas have provided
the most of the small handfull of Regent records this year and could be
harbouring more birds. I've had reports of White Box starting to flower well in
some areas too, so getting coverage in these landscapes is important.

And if you're fortunate (skillful!) enough to find Regent Honeyeaters keep an
eye out for colour bands (if you've got a camera get some shots).

Contact Dean or I if you'd like to get involved (and surveys can be done in the
days leading up to and after the weekend too).

Cheers
Mick