birding-aus

Great Egret in suburbia

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Great Egret in suburbia
From: Bill Stent <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 09:59:37 +1000
Following the heavy rain in Melbourne at the start of June, a Great
Egret spent a few days "weeding" a public sports oval at Hays Paddock
in Kew East.  For some of the time it was accompanied by a White Faced
Heron. They'd get chased away occasionally by dogs (it's an off-leash
park) but consistently came back, which shows there must have been
good pickings there.

Bill