birding-aus

RFI Townsville-Darwin - Grasswrens etc

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI Townsville-Darwin - Grasswrens etc
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:28:53 +1000
Hi

In about a month a group of us will be going from Townsville to Darwin (was
to have been the other way but well over $1000 cheaper in car hire this
way!).

Many birds on our wishlists, but the main targets are probably:

Black-throated Finch around Townsville
Striated GW, Rufous-crowned Emuwren and Hall's Babbler around Opalton
Kalkadoon and Carpentarian GW around Mt Isa (depressing reading in latest
BirdLife magazine!)
White-throated GW

Nothing difficult of course :-) - I guess Night Parrot would also be nice!

Appreciate those who have already given me information and we will of
course be scanning Eremaea and the BirdLines, but any hints and locations
welcomed

Thanks

Dave