birding-aus

Proposed pelagic, Port MacDonnell, June 30 (Sunday)

Subject: Proposed pelagic, Port MacDonnell, June 30 (Sunday)
From: Colin Rogers <>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:45:44 +0930
After Sunday's great trip with Grey Petrel hanging around the boat for 2 hrs
the skipper has offered another trip on 30 June if we can get a crew together.
After that the boat will be out of the water untill mid Sept.  So if you want a
taste of winter pelagic birding in the southern ocean contact me at the
attached e-mail address.   Colin. PS obviously can't promise that the Grey will
hang around but other goodies included White-headed Petrel, maybe 3, lots of
Grey-backed Storm Petrels and a fly-by from a Little Shearwater.  Hutton's and
Fluttering also present in small numbers in shore. Will post a trip report
shortly.