birding-aus

Birdline South Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline South Australia Weekly Update
Date: 10 Jun 2013 07:55:20 +1000

Birdline South Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 9 Jun 2013.

Tue 4 Jun Grey Falcon 28 07S 140 12E 1' Cell
Moomba (campsite). Observers: Jade Adams and Michael Jervois. Grey Falcon (2) Two grey falcons were observed perched on a dead tree on the roadside on the crest of a dune. The location was on an access track dissecting the dune that occurs east of the camp. The evaporation ponds occur approximately 500 m east of where we observed the birds. No public access unfortunately. Note: the dune also has multiple dusky hopping-mouse pop-holes (both used and disused). We took multiple photographs to confirm these birds were indeed grey falcons.
Jade Adams

Mon 3 Jun Crimson (Yellow) Rosella Brookfield Conservation Park
Two 'Yellow' Crimson Rosella's on the eastern-most boundary... having a bit of a dust-up with a pair of Mallee Ringnecks! Never seen Yellows here... I was quite surprised!
Chris Steeles

Birdline South Australia is hosted by Eremaea Birds.