birding-aus

Southern Cassowary - Ultra low frequency sound

To: Marc Anderson <>, "" <>
Subject: Southern Cassowary - Ultra low frequency sound
From: Helen Larson <>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 02:16:07 +0100 (BST)
hearing one rumble at you in the wild is even better and rather unsettling! (we
live in FNQ and my husband's documented about 50 cassowaries living quite near
us, they seem to like him).

thanks for the sounds - I am always impressed by the tiny mike on my iphone
too, for when I've forgotten to bring the sound recorder.
Helen