birding-aus

[BIRDING-NZ] FWD: WEST PACIFIC SEABIRD EXPEDITIONS

To: Philip Griffin <>, birding-nz <>, birding-aus <>
Subject: [BIRDING-NZ] FWD: WEST PACIFIC SEABIRD EXPEDITIONS
From: Ian Southey <>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 13:19:24 -0700 (PDT)
These storm petrels are pretty interesting and look to me like they might be a
match for this bird collected in the 1840s,
http://www.sil.si.edu/digitalcollections/usexex/navigation/ScientificAtlases/enlarge_image_a.cfm?id=255
 currently regarded as a colour morph of the Black-bellied Storm Petrel.

Finding numbers of them in the same place is reminiscent of the New Zealand
Storm Petrel so they could actually be a distinct species. Good find and thanks
for sharing.

Ian