birding-aus

BirdLife Sea-EagleCAM

To: "" <>
Subject: BirdLife Sea-EagleCAM
From: Geoff Hutchinson <>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 01:30:54 -0700 (PDT)
To those that like to watch eagles.

Sea-EagleCAM is a BirdLife Southern NSW Research Project. It is funded by
direct donations to EagleCAM and with assistance from Sydney Olympic Park
Authority.
The resident White-bellied Sea-Eagles started to renovate their nest on the
13th April for the 2013 breeding season.
The nest is located in the Newington Nature Reserve, Sydney Olympic Park, there
has been a nest in this location since 1991.
We have just reinstalled the HD cameras, one PTZ and the other a zoom only,
with Infrared lighting, to again give 24 hour data for the study.
We are also streaming this to the Internet (yes another dam live cam) we have
had over 2 million views on the live cam, a great tool to spread the word for
BirdLife, birds and Australia.
It can be
viewed  http://www.birdlife.org.au/visit-us/discovery-centre/eagle-cam/  ; or
www.sea-eaglecam.org/video.html  or  www.ustream.tv/seaeagles
Be aware that there will be adds played on these streams that we can't control.
This is free streaming for us, we don't have the money to stream without adds,
sorry.
There is also interference injected into the microphone cabling from the 2UE
transmitter tower which is only about 500 metres from the nest, we are working
to reduce this, again sorry.

Geoff Hutchinson, Judy Harrington, Jon Irvine.