birding-aus

Appeal to holders of Ilparpa Pond keys (not in use)

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Appeal to holders of Ilparpa Pond keys (not in use)
From: Julie Neumann <>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 09:41:38 +1000
Hi fellow Alice Springs visitors,
We left home feeling very smug about having already gone through the hoops required, in other words done our PowerWater safety on line induction and printed off our Induction Certificate and licence.. I read Phil Maher's claim that there were no more keys to be had with a tinge of disappointment but trusted the situation would have been remedied in the few days we still required to reach Alice Springs. Sadly the story was the same. No keys (they are swipe style) as the birders have not returned them. I realise that a $50 deposit is not sufficient reason for someone on a whirlwind tour to wait until business hours to get a key back. However I am sure anyone who has not returned a key for this reason, simply hasn't realised that they are also punishing other members of our birding community wishing to visit the Alice Springs Poo Ponds. I am sure this illustrious habitat has whet the appetite of many birders more experienced than we are. Would anyone reading this and guilty of holding a key, even though they have long left the Alice Springs area, kindly post their key back to the Power Water people?
It will be too late for us but might help future visitors.
Our thanks to Chris Watson for making it clear just how we needed to go about the process.
Werner and Julie Neumann,
 Happy Wanderers
 We still call Blue Mountains home
   Mob: 0429130679