birding-aus

Masked Lapwings on a roof

To: John Leonard <>
Subject: Masked Lapwings on a roof
From: Russ <>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 22:42:21 +1000
Hi John

A pair have raised young a couple of times from the flat-roofed house
behind ours at Ocean Grove. The adult birds are there most mornings. I'm
not sure if it is still the same pair of adults, or a new generation, but
there has been a pair there year-round for at least 5 years.

I think Masked Lapwings are very site-faithful. I can think of several
accounts where birds have nested in odd places in successive seasons -
school yards, carparks, driveways etc.

Regards
Russell Woodford
Ocean Grove