birding-aus

Capitals and common names: response to Ross Macfarlane.

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Capitals and common names: response to Ross Macfarlane.
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 20:08:20 +1000
Excuse me Ross Macfarlane, could you point out to me where in your contribution
to the “Information for inclusion in Night Parrot flyer” you mentioned the
Night Parrot?

In fact most of the contributions to the Night Parrot threads weren’t about the
Night Parrot. But that doesn’t necessarily mean no one is interested in the
‘issues’ surrounding the Night Parrot.

I would suggest that if someone actually finds, photographs and has their
sighting of a Night Parrot verified the chatter on BirdingAus will far exceed
any ‘crap’ discussions about “capitalisation of common names”. Until then I
look forward to any interesting topic you would like to contribute to
BirdingAus.

Incidentally, I thought the original posting on the Night Parrot thread by
Chris Watson was very interesting but I didn’t have anything to contribute. It
appeared to me that almost no one else had anything tangible to contribute
either. It didn’t occur to me that no one was interested but, instead, I felt
sure many people were interested and are awaiting further outcomes from Chris
Watson’s initiative.

Bob Inglis