birding-aus

World Birding Destinations Cup 2013. Quarter finals.

To: birding-nz <>, Baus <>
Subject: World Birding Destinations Cup 2013. Quarter finals.
From: Gunnar Engblom <>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 21:22:42 -0500
Hi all

The game goes on! We're at semifinals!
Results from the Quarter finals.

   - Borneo 36 *Madagascar 66*
   It was a surprise that *Madagascar won* against Borneo.  Borneo was top
   seeded after SE Peru with Machu Picchu and Manu had fallen out in the
   previous round.
   - Ecuador 64 *Kenya 88
   *Again a fallen favorite. Obviously some campaigning in Kenya added
   votes to this game. More birders need to vote to make local campaigns less
   decisive.
   - *Australia 52* North Peru 51.
   Congratulations to Australia to win this thriller. Fairy-wrens, colorful
   parrots, Cassowary and Lyrebird kicked Marvelous Spatuletail ass!.
   - *New Guinea (PNG/Irian Jaya) 78 *Costa Rica 32
   New Guinea continues its winning streak in grand style. Birds of
   Paradise rule! Seriously, what can match that?  Costa Rica did not have a
   chance.

SEMIFINALS:

   - Madagascar vs New Guinea
   - Kenya vs Australia

Yes the semifinals are both Africa vs AustralAsia.  The Neotropics and Asia
proper were kicked out in the last round.

So take a few minutes to vote for your favorites in the above games... and
I underline that.... IT IS JUST A GAME...

http://birdingblogs.com/2013/Gunnar/semi-finals-world-bird-destination-cup-2013

Voting ends at midnight (Lima time) Sunday night, which corresponds to 5 AM
Monday GMT.

Saludos

Gunnar Engblom
www.birdingblogs.com