birding-aus

Malleefowl on The World Today

To: Ross Macfarlane <>
Subject: Malleefowl on The World Today
From: Tun Pin Ong <>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 22:37:55 +1100
Hi Ross,
Thank you for your latest update on Malleefowl.
I am planning to drive from Canberra to look for them in this coming Easter
weekend.
I would be happy if Malleefowl is the only bird I see for the trip. However any
recommendation on other good places nearby would be great. I wonder if anyone
knows of recent good sites for Mallee Emu Wren, Scarlet Parrot, or any local
specialties.
I will be traveling alone in my city car and most likely base in Mildura so I
will not venture too far from major tracks or major car park/camp site in
National Parks, unless I bump into helpful and seasoned birders willing to show
me the way.
Thank you in advance for your inputs, whether to this group or in private
emails.
Happy Easter Holiday!
Tun Pin ONG
Canberra/Sydney