birding-aus

Tasmanian Museum Albatross Identification

To: Nikolas Haass <>
Subject: Tasmanian Museum Albatross Identification
From: "Jeremy O'Wheel" <>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:38:13 +1100
Thanks, Nikolas.  I noticed the name, but I'm a bit unsure about whether it
should be corrected.  "Wandering Albatross" is well known, so I think
people are more interested to see them than "Gibson's," and I'm sure that
what people know of as "Wandering Albatross" is the whole group.  I dunno,
I'm pretty pedantic, so if it was me, I'd have the correct names and an
explanation, but I can that there's a possible reason.  The renovated
museum does seem like it's removed a lot of written content, and many
objects including animal specimens, aren't even labelled - but I gather
renovations are continuing.

Jeremy