birding-aus

Stevenson and Fanshawe East african app

To: "Phil & Sue Gregory" <>, Birding Aus <>, Brian Finch <>
Subject: Stevenson and Fanshawe East african app
From: Steve Clark <>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:10:13 +1100
G'day Phil et al.

I was holding off for a couple of days to update people but I had an email
from
Brian Finch yesterday.

Brian is the person whose bird calls were used in the app without his
knowledge and without credit given.  He only found out about the new app
when I posted a message on the Tanzanian birding forum telling people it
was available.   Bloomsbury is the publisher of the book and My Digital
Earth is the publisher of the app (and several other similar ones).  Brian
is now 'best mates' with the owner of My Digital Earth and is happy with
the arrangements being put in place.  The problem was between Bloomsbury
and My Digital Earth apparently.

Those with the Morcombe app should compare the credit given to David
Stewart with the non-existing credit given to whoever provided the calls
for the Southern African and Middle East apps.

Anyway - with Brian's blessing - buy the East African app, enjoy it and
await a new improved version with quality controlled bird calls and due
credit given to the supplier.

Cheers
Steve

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Phil & Sue Gregory <