birding-aus

Photographing on Central Coast NSW

Subject: Photographing on Central Coast NSW
From: "Ákos Lumnitzer" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:33:20 +1100
Dear Birders

Could anyone kindly recommend a good spot to photograph sea or shorebirds?
I will be around The Entrance in a couple of weeks for a day and have a
couple of morning hours to kill. I am particularly interested in
photographing any species of terns, silver gull (probably too common),
pelicans, Sooty and/or Pied Oystercatchers. I don't mind mud, sand or any
other dirty substrate, as long as birds are possible in that spot. It's
all part of the fun; getting low and dirty crawling in mud. :D

Birds of prey are always my preferred subject choice, but I am not holding
my breath. Osprey would be nice, as would Whistling Kite or White-bellied
Sea Eagle.

Needless to say, I know there's no guarantee, but any suggestions will be
much appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Akos

--