birding-aus

Crows

To: <>
Subject: Crows
From: "Geoff Jones" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 17:03:29 +1100
Gidday Everyone

                                Should we be concerned I received this
article from a good mate of mine and I would like your public opinion

Crow Mortality-rate Study

A recent study has found over 200 dead crows near Ceduna South Australia.,
and there was concern that they may have died from the Avian Flu virus.
A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and he confirmed
the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu, to everyone's relief.
However, he was also able to determine that 98% of the crows had been killed
by impact with large trucks, and only 2% were killed by car impact.
The State hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine the
disproportionate percentages for the large truck versus car kills.
The Ornithological Behaviourist determined the cause in short order.
When crows eat road kill, they always set up another crow as a lookout in a
nearby tree to warn of impending danger.
His conclusion was that the lookout crow could say "Cah", ..but he could not
say "Truck."

Yours with a Laugh

Geoff Jones

Barraimaging