birding-aus

Legless Oystercatchers

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Legless Oystercatchers
From: Chris Melrose <>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:50:54 +1100
Dear All
I would agree with the premise of fishing line being the culprit for limb loss
in oyster catchers. We had a neighbourhood Magpie that lost its foot because it
had gotten entangled with plastic sewing thread that came off clothing on the
drying line. So whatever you do, if there is a loose bit of thread on your
clothing, don't rip it off and leave it on the ground. I was most distressed to
know I had caused such an injury.
Chris

Christine Melrose
0407705140