birding-aus

Unidentified bird - more misinformation is Now identified and fixed.

To: <>, "'Anthony Overs'" <>
Subject: Unidentified bird - more misinformation is Now identified and fixed.
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 23:46:35 +1100
Hello All,

See the messages below. The question raised by Anthony and solved by us has
now been corrected on the company's website (with a new photo of our SF-w).
Two really great information sharings from me on B-A on one day (the other
is finding the Screaming Piha).

Philip Veerman
Kambah  ACT  2902

-----Original Message-----From: Philip Veerman
Sent: Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:35 PM
To: 'jack marino'      Subject: RE: About your "Blue Fairy Wren of
Australia" logo

Dear Ana,

That is very good and quick work. Yes you have the right bird now! Well
done.

Philip

-----Original Message-----From: jack marino
 Sent: Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:01
PM
To:    Subject: RE: About your "Blue Fairy Wren of
Australia" logo

Dear Philip and all the Australian ornithologists,

First of all thanks very much for your email,
I´m very surprised this could cause such a commotion,
I wasn´t at all aware that the photo was faked and because I didn´t know the
real Superb Fairy Wren I couldn´t notice the difference but now I do.  Now I
see it was a photoshopped Masked Gnatcatcher. I don´t know why someone would
do that and what for either, makes no sense.

Your precious australian bird is just a quote on my blog, and a future
inspiration for my design patterns, but it´s not my logo.

I just put the right bird on my website, I hope is the good one this time.
And also write "Sydney" the way it is.

If you could tell all the Australian ornithologists sorry for the mistakes,
I´ll be very grateful.

All the best.

Ana.

Subject: About your "Blue Fairy Wren of Australia" logo
> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:41:59 +1100
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> It has come to notice about your website and your "Blue Fairy Wren of
> Australia" logo. Australian ornithologists have had a discussion about
what
> the bird in your website photo actually is. Most first thinking was that
the
> photo is a fake (and in the end realising it is part faked). So that means
> that many extra people have looked at your website. It is nice that you
> chose such a popular Australian bird for your logo. You even cited the
Birds