birding-aus

Mangrove and Varied Honeyeater

To: david james <>, birding-aus threads <>
Subject: Mangrove and Varied Honeyeater
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 22:07:29 +1100
Hi David & Ivor,

This is a very interesting analysis David that makes plenty of good sense to me
- thanks for sharing this with us up here in the Wet Tropics & southwards...

All I wanted to add here is that I can confiirm the "hybrid" birds in the
Halifax-Lucinda area that Kath had reported...
In the very late 90's the birds I always saw at Dungeness looked like apparent
hybrids to me - this locality is at the mouth of the Herbert River at the very
southern end of Hinchinbrook Channel, just to the west of Lucinda. I never saw
any birds there that appeared either pure Varied or Mangrove... However, I
didn't check the birds either side of the Dungeness locality, so I therefore
have no idea from personal observations of what occurs outside the immediate
area of Dungeness.

Sorry but that's about all I can add.

Cheers,

Martin Cachard