birding-aus

Mystery call from western NSW

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Mystery call from western NSW
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:31:42 +1000
Wonder if someone can confirm the identity of the bird calling on this audio.
It was 'tagged' on a static-sensor in Sturt NP, NSW in June 2012.
I believe that it could be a Mulga Parrot *(Psephotus varius)* but I'm not
100%

I've placed the call on the 'Mysteries' Forum on
Xeno-Canto<http://www.xeno-canto.org/121454>

I've also got quite a few *Pomatostomus* babbler calls but as the recording
quality is rather poor I will wait until I get some better ones before
uploading these.

Look forward to your comments,

Tom