birding-aus

Barau's Petrel and a plea for help

To: "" <>
Subject: Barau's Petrel and a plea for help
From: Peter Diegutis <>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:02:12 -0800 (PST)
Good Morning

Pelagic birding is a humbling experience but I am grateful for it. I was
present on Saturday when the Barau's Petrel was seen off Sydney. And, based on
the experts around me I am happy to tick it off! However, there's a problem -
it's not in my Australian guidebook (Pizzey 2003). I did add it to my IOC-based
spread-list but that doesn't solve my problem. I'd appreciate any advice on
resources, either online or old fashioned hardcopy, that could help with
pelagic birding. Further, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me to the
definitive list of Australian sightings. I have links to Tony Palliser's page -
is that what I'm looking for?

I apologise if this has been done to death in previous posts. I am happy to
receive responses offline.

Thanks.

Have a nice day.
Cheers