birding-aus

RFI - White-face and Striated Herons sub-species range

Subject: RFI - White-face and Striated Herons sub-species range
From: Noel Luff <>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 20:02:16 +1100
I am currently entering Clements list into my home-grown database.

I notice that it's sub-species differ from IOC. Most of the descriptions of
range are reasonably self explanatory. However the range for the
White-faced Heron sub-species Parryi is given as "NW Australia". I was
wondering if this included the Top End.

Also if anyone knows roughly where the intergrade zone is for the Striated
Heron sub-species littleri (north-east Qld) and macrorhyncha (east Qld) is
I would appreciate an e-mail.

thanks

Noel Luff