birding-aus

Lesser Black-backed Gull at Broome tip- Birdforum Discussion Update

To: "Dimitris Bertzeletos" <>, "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: Lesser Black-backed Gull at Broome tip- Birdforum Discussion Update
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:09:32 +1100
Dimitris, my reading of the Birdforum discussion is that the bird IS a Lesser Black-backed Gull Larus fuscus fuscus, AKA Baltic Gull the first choice for the identity in my original and subsequent postings. Unfortunately you made a typo omitting the fourth-last-word "NOT" in first sentence of your posting below thus reversing the meaning! Do you agree? Of course we await to see if BARC will agree although their interest is only to specific level - Larus fuscus! In the meantime George Swann tells me that the bird was there this morning and appears very settled although possibly missing for half-an-hour yesterday.

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mount Eliza  VIC 3930
Tel  (03) 9787 7136