birding-aus

Field guide to birds of southern South America andAntarctica.

To: <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Field guide to birds of southern South America andAntarctica.
From: John Graff <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 08:16:31 +0800
Hi Jill, I've seen the odd one listed as softcover (including a very
attractively priced copy a while back) - there is a copy listed as Softcover on
AbeBooks at present for a not-too-ridiculous price - see
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=9088829596 (2nd Ed too, which
I recommend, many additional photos compared to 1st Ed) I'm not sure getting
the softcover will save too much space relatively, it's a decent-sized book.
But by far and away the best book on antarctic wildlife If you decide you
really can't fit it, or you want something closer to field guide size as well,
then Antarctic Wildlife: A Visitor's Guide by James Lowen is also a decent
book, though nowhere near the detail and number of images of Shirihai
Cheers,John