birding-aus

Dead malleefowl in Hattah NP

To: Philip Maher <>, birding-aus <>
Subject: Dead malleefowl in Hattah NP
From: David Clark <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:06:40 +1100
Rabbit numbers are as high as they've ever been Phillip and vegetation in
Sunset Country is taking a hammering.

Foxes, rabbits, pigs and goats (dare I mention cats) are not getting the
attention they should and the land managers' budgets are dwindling.

Adequate control measures are labour intensive and that is going to be a
problem for a while.  Given adequate resources, know how and dedication,
problem species can be controlled; as they are at Neds Corner.

It must have been distressing to find the dead Mallee Fowl, particularly in the
circumstances you describe.

Writing to PV can't hurt but going direct to the Minister and/or Premier may be
more effective.

Cheers

David

Sent from my iPhone