birding-aus

RFI: Kioloa and Murramarang

Subject: RFI: Kioloa and Murramarang
From: Ian Reid <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 23:40:45 +1030
Dear All,

I will be spending a few days at a work retreat at Kioloa on the NSW coast near Bateman's Bay in a couple of weeks.

I expect to have time for some morning and/or evening birding. Never having birding in NSW before I have quite along list of targets, I have looked at the eremaea lists to see what people have reported there. Highest on my wish-list are Superb Lyrebird, Satin Bowerbird. I have the impression that they are fairly common and I should just walk the trails in the forest and come across them, but if I am wrong and there are known stake-outs, I'd be very grateful for tips. I'd also like to know if there is any sites not too far away (I'll have a car) where I'd have a chance at Rock Warbler or Spotted Quail-thrush.

I'll be driving there from Canberra and would like to find out if there are any nice birding spots between Canberra and the coast.

Cheers, Ian

--
Prof. Ian Reid
School of Computer Science