birding-aus

[canberrabirds] Why are the C. Sparrowhawk & B.Goshawk so similar?

To: Greg <>, David Adams <>
Subject: [canberrabirds] Why are the C. Sparrowhawk & B.Goshawk so similar?
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:30:01 +0930
I have often seen the white morph of Grey Goshawk accompanying flocks of
Little Corellas and Sulphur-crested Cockatoos. I wondered why until some
years ago I saw a bird drop out of such a flock and snatch a pigeon from the
powerlines.

Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
1/7 Songlark Street,
Bakewell, NT 0832
043 8650 835

PhD candidate, SCU
Vice-chair, Wildlife Tourism Australia
Nominated for the Condé Nast international ecotourism award, 2004 by the
renowned American website, Earthfoot.
Wildlife Adviser, BBC¹s ?Deadly 60¹

Birds of Australia's Top End and Quiet Snake Dreaming available on
amazon.com
A second edition of Fauna of Australia¹s Top End used by the University of
NSW as a text for 12 years is now under preparation.

'It gave me huge insight into the lives' of Aboriginal Australians¹,
 Jonathon Franzen, American author, birder, conservationist (August, 2011)
on Quiet Snake Dreaming.

The best guide in Darwin is Denise Goodfellow.  Bo Beolens, the Fat Birder.

www.denisegoodfellow.com.au