birding-aus

Congrats John Weigel

To: Scott Ryan <>
Subject: Congrats John Weigel
From: "R. Bruce Richardson" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:47:17 +1100
Happy New Year to all y'all!

I would like to add my BIG congratulations to John Weigel and to also publicly
thank him. I am a US immigrant to Oz and 'fairly' new birder. I met John at the
WTP in Werribee last February as he was beginning his big year and we exchanged
emails and kept in sporadic touch.

As the year progressed and I was doing more birding, John took the time to
share specific, and extremely helpful information with me as I explored some
new areas (Hattah Kulkyne, Gluepot and Tasmania were three). So... here he was
doing the biggest year yet, and still he made the time in the midst of it all
to help another birder.
A great year for a great guy.
Cheers,
R. Bruce Richardson