birding-aus

Birders, Brits and stats

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Birders, Brits and stats
From: Dominic Funnell <>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 03:56:49 +0000 (GMT)
I think it was alluding to the fact that in parts of UK, especially England,
any half decent bird that turns up is surrounded by birders. That was one
reason why I moved to NE Scotland where this is not the case.
My experiences over here since March indicates that this is def not the case
over here. in Aus you can, in fact have to, find your own birds and enjoy them
with far smaller crowds (if any crowds at all)  which having birded and
twitched the UK for 30 years makes the situation over here one to celebrate.
Happy New Year to all and have a great birding year.
Dom

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android