birding-aus

Merry Christmas One and All

To: <>
Subject: Merry Christmas One and All
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 11:51:44 +1100
I would just like to say Merry Christmas to one and all at Birding-Aus and
hope that you all have a great day.

I am just about to carve up the meat for Christmas Lunch and our children
will soon be arriving to eat and drink us out of house and home. Forgive me
for not posting any photos for the last few months but a few of you will
know that I have been down at Heard Island and then across the Australian
Bight. The highlight of the Heard Island trip was 2 Amsterdam Albatross and
a genuine blizzard in the lee of Heard Island.

And the other thing it is a very long way to get there and even then there
is always a good chance that you will not get ashore as I only had 6 hours
on the Island and 2 hours cruising in a zodiac. Is it worth it? Heard Island
is truly a unique destination and some of the birds are found nowhere else
in Australian Waters and the Geography of the place is unbelievable so for
me it was a once in a lifetime trip and my fellow passengers were and
absolute delight to be with. When I finally returned home I first had to
convince the dog that I live here and because I have been photographing so
many birds in different countries I have decided to drop my country lists
and just have world bird families so I hope that this will be OK with most
of you. I will start posting some new photos after Christmas and would like
to thank everyone for the continued support of my Websites.

Kindest Regards

Geoff Jones

Website www.barraimaging.com.au

Slideshows http://barraimaging.smugmug.com/